Sunday

Wedding update

I'm glad I'm only getting married once. It's lots of work!

We sent out the invitations, which we got from this amazingly awesome website. I can't recommend them enough! They were nice and quick and our invitations turned out wonderful. And everyone can recycle them by planting them and growing flowers. What could be better?

Brian and all the boys got their tops (Brian in white, the rest of the guys in green) from The Hempest, and then they're going to just wear jeans. I keep telling Brian that jeans in June in Texas isn't a good idea, but he wants what he wants.

My dress is *amazing* and was handmade by Melanie over at Hippieclothes.com . She is also doing the bridesmaid's dresses, which will be green, and my little flower girl's dress. And I'll be wearing my beloved Chacos sandals that I've had for years. I guess they can be my "something old".

Lots of the decorations my best friend and I will be doing. We're going to have a big wooden peace sign wreath, and ribbons to guide you along the path to the stage. The table centerpieces will be pint glasses from Michigan, Kansas and Texas with flowers in them and river rocks around them. The flowers I'm getting from Blue House Flower Farm, who I've been buying flowers from at the farmers market for years.

Dinner is going to be vegan lasagna, salad and bread, catered by All's Well Catering. I'm so glad we found our awesome, Harley Riding former Raw vegan/vegetarian Jane to cater our wedding, because she's thought of so many things Brian and I would have forgotten, or didn't even consider, and she is totally dedicated to making it our day, and our way.

My best friend Livi is making the wedding cake and groom's cake. I love cake, and I love Livi like a sister, so put the two together and we can't go wrong. They'll be vegan and possibly gluten free.

My Mom is making heart shaped soap favors, since she is the diva of soap making. They'll be in my and Brian's favorite scent, patchouli lime.

A good friend of mine, Andy, who does wedding photography will be professionally photographing the wedding. Brian's dad and many others will also be taking pictures like crazy:)

We are getting several kegs from local breweries to drink at the reception. Probably something from Live Oak Brewing Company, (512) Brewing Company, and Independence Brewing Company.

The rehearsal dinner is going to be in our back yard, with vegetarian food from our local Co-op, Wheatsville, and a pony keg from NXNW Restaurant and Brewery. We're going to get disposable picnic-wear made from corn that is biodegradable for everyone to use them compost it in our compost pile.

We're not going on our honeymoon right away, we're waiting until the end of the summer, and then going to Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Parks. We're spending two nights in the Old Faithful Inn , and then camping the rest of the time. We're planning on backpacking the Grand Teton Loop while we're there.

I think that's everything. Our original goal was to have an earth friendly wedding that represented Brian and I, and wasn't over the top and didn't put anyone in the poor house. With the help of our friends and family, I think we've done pretty well. Now we're just finishing the final preparations, and keeping our fingers crossed that everything goes well.

No comments: